Monday, July 12, 2010

Love and Babies

First of all I have to say Happy Anniversary to my little family! One year ago yesterday we were sealed together as an eternal family! Its been such a fun year and I am so grateful to know that we will be together forever! Especially that I get to be with my wonderful husband for eternity. He is so good and patient with me, I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather spend that time with. Amelia is such a fun addition to our family too, even though she is well into that 2 year old thing, if you know what I mean! And I couldn't be happier to add one more to us so soon! We love him so much already and I can't wait to see just how he'll fit in. I know he'll fill that perfect spot that's missing right now, even if I don't feel like anythings missing yet! So Happy Anniversary guys, I love you!

On to other things, which in our life right now means crazy baby things! Last Tuesday I had my doctor's appointment, as I mentioned, and it was interesting, to say the least. I had trace of protein in my urine, which until now has not been there. My blood pressure was also up, in her office it was 154/100, again much too high. I also lost 2 lbs, which I shouldn't be doing, but wasn't her biggest concern. She decided to put me on Labetelol, a blood pressure medication, and see st my NST on Friday if it was helping. She also talked about the home care program, which had been mentioned to me in the hospital a few times, but said that in her opinion it would be kind of useless as the home care nurses would likely just send me in to the hospital everyday. She also checked my cervix, and said I was a good 2cm, favorable, and soft. which I'm OK with as I didn't dilate early with Amelia at all. Every little bit helps! she also had me go in to the hospital an Tuesday night for an extra NST and blood work, as my bp was so high that day. That went well, but my week only went downhill from there. Lets just say that the Labetelol did NOT agree with my body. I had all of the possible side effects. The headache i have had for at least 2 weeks from the BP only got worse, and it made me dizzy and not able to think clearly. It also causes insomnia (on top of already not sleeping well from being this huge), itchy tingly skin, especially scalp (I was freaking out thinking I had lice or something!), and serious nausea (I couldn't eat at all). Add to that contractions every 10 mins for 3 days after my doc checked my cervix. It was a really long few days, and I was really glad when Paul came home from work every day! Well, Friday at my NST appointment all of this finally came apart, as i had been on the medication for a few days, was miserable, and my BP was still high! And they were not getting a good reading from Ben, as he wasn't having the accelerations in his heart rate that they wanted. I ended up being there for several hours and getting more tests done. My Dr decided to change the medication i was on to a new one and see how that went. She wanted me to go to the pharmacy asap, and then come back yesterday for another NST at the hospital (fell like this is a lot of time at the hospital? well, it is! the nurses all know me by name now!). Well I went back yesterday, and my blood pressure was OK, 136/88, but they were still having a hard time getting a good reading from him. Instead of the accelerations that they want he was having decelerations, which is definitely not what they want. So once again, we were there for a few hours, until they finally gave us the OK to go home. So now Its all a waiting game. I will be 37 weeks, full term, tomorrow, and I see my Dr again tomorrow. I hope she has some more answers for me. She said last week that I was definitely not going to make it to my due date, which means it will be less than 3 weeks. I just want to know what the plan is like in her mind and what this next 3 weeks holds!

And we finally got the family pictures we got done a few weeks ago back! we are pretty happy with how they turned out! Here's a little sneak peek for ya!










1 comment:

Holly Rice said...

You look so cute, I was never a cute pregnant mom. That i why I have very few pictures of me when I was pregnant. Good luck, hope you have a smooth delivery.