Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Merry Belated Christmas!
Well with the season over now and things finally getting back to normal, i should really get to recording a few things! My goal this year is to write as often as I can about all kinds of things and then print them out and keep a record, family journal kind of thing. I'm not the best at writing in a journal, so i figured this would be the next best thing. We had a really wonderful Christmas this year. We were able to spend it in Edmonton with my family, and then we went down to Sylvan lake to visit more of my family, and on to Airdrie to spend some time with Paul's brother Peter and his family. This year is Amelia's first Christmas, and she was completely spoiled, and really could care less! Her favorite thing was the tissue paper, closely followed by the wrapping paper. She got a baby sled, and plenty of toys and clothes. We can't wait until next Christmas, she will be really fun! Paul and I also had a good year, and received some really nice gifts. We got a car starter from my parents, which we are so excited for, although it won't be installed until Feb. 6. Paul got a new watch and a telescope, which he has already used several times, and LOVES! It's pretty powerful, and just the other day we got a really good look at the moon. You could see all of the craters and everything so clearly! I got a pair of new shoes and some gift certificates so that I could buy some new clothes ans scrapbooking things. Paul likes to be a little tricky with his gifts, and usually makes at least one of my gifts a joke or hard to guess. Last year he put a $5 pair of skate guards in a box and filled it with other random things from our house so I had no idea what it was and though it was much bigger. This year he got a jumbo cereal box and filled it with a few new kitchen tools, which is very fun for me as i really like to cook, and also a Ben moss box. At first I was a little surprised, and hesitated for a moment. I had told him that one day I wanted another nice pair of diamond earrings, but he wouldn't, right? We didn't spend that much! But then it hit me. He had wrapped my gifts in our bedroom...He had taken the box from my wedding ring and put an I O U in it! I was a little sad it wasn't real but mostly I had to laugh, cause he was totally killing himself laughing, and it was pretty tricky! As usual, things were fun, hectic, busy and wonderful! But it feels good to be home now, and back to a normal routine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment