I badly need to get out of the habit of thinking that I have nothing of importance to write about! I want to be able to have this as a record, so everything is important! I need to remember that even the little things mean a lot after a while!
Well, Let's start with the littlest member of our family! Ben got his first little tooth last Saturday (April 2nd), and then got the second on tuesday! Two teeth in 4 days! Talk about hectic. He is not quite as great of a teether as Amelia was (I didn't even know she was teething or anything, i just discovered it one day, obviously several days after it had come through!) but he is a trooper (as long as there is Tylenol involved ;) He is a good little sittier now, and even figured out his own little army crawl this last weekend! Talk about a milestone weekend! He is getting pretty fast at getting around, especially since rolling to where he wanted to go was pretty unreliable, it would sometimes take him several times to get anywhere. He is such a little ray of sunshine around here, smiling and laughing almost all of the time! Oh, and he has also learned how to smile for the camera, and can say mama and DAAADDD (that's his favorite;))We think he's just about the cutest little man around!
Yogurt....YUMMY!!
our two cuties, all wet after their bath
Seriously!! I love it!
Next up is our little miss. She's, well, she's just her. Lately we hear a whole lot of "all. by. MYself!" and "NO, don't touch that!" and some more "DON'T!" Ask me how I feel at about 5pm most days, and you might just get more than you bargained for! Sugar and spice doesn't even hold a flame to my girl. She can be as sweet as all get out one minute, and the next...holy flip, she's insane! I love her to death, but my girl's got a mind of her own, and an OPINION! It's hard for me to get that through my head sometimes, cause she's still just my little girl in there, but she is definitely not that in real life! She is getting so big and learning so many new things so fast, that it can be hard at times for her to know what she is and isn't capable of doing entirely on her own. It's also really hard for her to understand that me saying no does not warrant a full on fit! Let's see...socks and shoes, it takes you an eternity, but yes, you can.....wash and rinse your hair, probably not...pull the covers up, absolutely!.....use a big knife to cut a slice of bread, and then butter it with the same knife, HECK NO! Now multiply that by about 100 times and 100 situations, and you might get a glimpse of a hour in my day!:) Oh, and you musn't forget the 1000 times of "Get off of your Brother!!" She is our little miss, and we love her a LOT!
Other than that? well, she has now gotten 3 of her 4 2-year old molars, which I think is pretty cool, but looked like it must have been really painful! We have been doing our own little mommy school, and every 2 weeks we focus on a letter, a number, a shape, and a theme. This week was Z is for Zoo. We learned z starts zoo, zebra, and zipper, and all about circles. We have been learning about the number 6, but that one is a little harder for her. She LOVES to learn new things, and loves the extra attention and time just for her. She also loves when it is her craft time! Although it does take some thought on my part to come up with crafts and things that reinforce our theme, but her reaction and excitement is worth every minute!
She looks so old to me here!
Painting for craft time - her first time with watercolors
Her favorite new nightgown - or dress as it MUST be called!
our Goofy girl!
On our walk, splashing inn all of the puddles, although there weren't as many then as there are now!
Things are pretty much the same for Paul and I. I have been running in the mornings before paul goes to work, and I super wiped the other day on an insane patch of ice, so that was the end of outdoor running in the morninge for a while, at least until all of the snow and ice is totally gone. I decided to go to west ed instead, since it is only about 5 blocks from here. Its warm, and dry, and empty so early in the mornings. It's also nice not to have to worry so much about someone trying to hurt me or anything (yes, that thought does cross my mind in the dawn hours when i am all alone, hence why one hand is always on my cell when I am outside, even though I am more then likely being paranoid!) since there is security in the mall, and I see them roaming around while I run, and there are other people (seniors, mostly) walking/running in the mall in the mornings. It feels good, but I must admit, My main motivation right now is the warm bath I have when I get home. I make sure to leave the house 15/20 minutes earlier, just so that I have lots of time to relax/meditate, and mostly rest before everyone else in the family wakes up!
We have also been getting really excited about our trip, 6 weeks to go!! We can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment