Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In a (rare) moment of quiet...

So things have been busy and not busy around here lately, all at the same time. That may seem totally insane, but in my tired and crazy and over-worked mommy mind, it makes complete sense! Paul Finally got his journeyman certificates in the mail, which was a very exciting day here! I am so proud of him and how hard he has worked to get where he is and how hard he works for our family. Amelia is officially potty-trained, although she does still have a few accidents now and then. But, hey, i'll take it! She loves to wear big girl panties, and is pretty excited to show me when she has used the potty. Ben is still our happy little man, for the most part. He is getting bigger little by little, and is able to do more things everyday! He has discovered his hands and is reaching for all sorts of things, although it does still take some time to get to them, he is still figuring it out! He is also so close to rolling over, we are anxiously waiting for that one! As for me, I've been pretty bust lately with my calling as RS Meeting co-ordinator. We had our super Saturday and Christmas party all in 10 days, and that has had me going going going! I have also been going to stake choir practices on Sunday nights, which has been really fun.
So, I guess the biggest thing that has been happening around our house is that I am now an official Scentsy consultant. I have been needing something different to be able to do just for me, and I think that this might just be it. My sister and I had a party with another consultant in September, which was poorly done and frustrating, to say the least. But, turns out I love scentsy products and ended up talking to another woman in my mom's ward that I knew when we lived there, who is a consultant. So, after talking it over with Paul and thinking it out (as I always need to do), I've made the jump, and hopefully there won't be any looking back! For those of you who might not know what scentsy is, here's my little plug. Scentsy's main product is called a warmer, which is a ceramic container with a light bulb inside it and a dish on top, which melts scented wax, and acts like a candle, air freshener, or even a night light. It is wick-less, flame-less, and soot-less, and totally safe to use around kids or pets, as the candle wax is never hotter than a few degrees above body temperature. This is my favorite part, and one of the reasons why I love Scentsy so much. Amelia loves to be up on the counter when I am in the kitchen (and sometimes even when I am not in the kitchen, although that's not my idea!), and I feel safe knowing that if she knocks it or touches it, she won't get hurt at all. And yes, if you're wondering she has most definitely tried it and done that...a few times!! I also love knowing that if I forget about it, which happens, ummm, a lot....its OK, because there is no flame, nothing will happen! If you want to know more, check out my site (i think it's pretty cool that I have my own website!) at:


I am also having a big launch party/open house next Wednesday, December 1st, and would love to see anyone and everyone there! There will be food, samples, testers, door prizes, and all kinds of things! There will also be booking rewards (ie. half price stuff!!) for anyone who books any type of party!!

Anyways! I'm sure you are thinking, Enough, enough!!! I won't talk your ear off anymore. Lets just see how it goes!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I totally know what you mean about being busy but not being busy. That's my life, too! Or maybe that's just life as a mom?!!

Yay for Amelia being potty trained! And I'm sure you and Paul love it as well :)