So where does this figure into my craft space? Since Amelia is now in the other room, and ben is still in our room, I get to share Ben's room. Its not much, but i can leave thins out if i want to and i have room for all of my things ans a workspace. Thats more than I've ever had. And that makes me grateful. I'm also grateful for Paul all over again. He brought all of my things (and it is a lot) up from the basement (thats 2 floors) and got is all set up for me so i could go at it and make it mine. And he is almost more excited about it than I am! He has all of these plans of the craft room he wants to make me one day, and I love that. He knows it makes me happy and makes time and space so I can have me time. I'm grateful for all that he does for me and for his love, support and understanding. And for getting me, the real me, more than anyone else.
Friday, August 6, 2010
gratitude and big girl beds
I just felt like putting into words right now how grateful I feel. My kids are both sleeping, and I am in my new craft/scrapbooking space, and It is making me feel really really good. Oh scrapbooking how I have missed you! Until yesterday Amelia was still sleeping in the crib in Ben's room. The plan was always to have her in the other room, but because we had austin and then because of several other things, including being really pregnant and having a baby, we never really got on this and, well, she sleeps so good in the crib. I have to admit, too, I didn't mind being in control of putting her in bed and getting her out, this means no mess to wake up to after my nap! Anyway, yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and set out to put up her new big girl bed (thanks Dave and Mel!:)) Which I ended up being able to do all by myself, even though it looked really confusing to me (I confess I did have a little help from the internet fairy and online instructions about halfway through). Amelia was very excited and kept asking me if this was her big girl bed (Yes baby, for the hundredth time, this is your bed). But when it came to nap time, as soon as I shut the door the crying started. I just decided to close my ears and see if she would cry it out and go to sleep. The Drama cry, as I like to call it, went off and on for about half an hour, and then she got quiet, at which point I found her curled up on her bed asleep. YES! SUCCESS! Now fast forward several hours to bed time and repeat the whole thing, except add in another half an hour of crying (yep, an hours worth). The end result is still asleep in her bed, which I count as another success! This is where the grateful part comes in. I was a little worried that I was going to have front row seats to cry fest 3. But apparently in this case third time's the charm! I put her in bed, no complaints, and checked on her 15 mins later after hearing absolutely nothing from her. She was just laying in bed chatting to her furry friends (yes all 900 of them that live on her bed at all times), and upon checking again later she was asleep just like that! Say it with me now, YES!!! I am feeling really grateful for such a sweet little girl right now. Certain things have been a bit of a challenge with her, but for the most part she was an easy baby and is now a pretty good toddler. Although I do not love 2 year old freak-outs, hers are very short lived, and rarely turn into mondo tantrums. She slept through the night at 6 weeks, and decided to give up the bottle all on her own shortly after her first birthday. She is sweet and loving and smart as they come, and I can't get enough of her cute little face. I am grateful for her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment