Well, it has been an eventful and wonderful few weeks for our little family. We went to calgary and visited Pual's brother Peter's family, which was a lot of fun! We got to visit and go to the zoo, even though the weather was not cooperating! We also had both Paul and I's birthdays, as well as father's day. Paul got a babysitter for my birthday and we went and bought tickets to the Lion King. He also got me a new Kitchen Aid, which I have been wanting for a very long time! I didn't have quite as many resources for Paul's brithday, but I went with Amelia and dot a bunch of decorations and things and threw him a little party with just the four of us, and then had my sister and her fiance rob over for dessert. That week we went and got everything we needed to go camping, which was paul's birthday and father's day gifts, since they were only three days apart. We went camping that weekend (father's day weekend) at Miquelon lake, which was about 45 mins from our door. It was so fun! The site was next to a really great lake, and sat was a very nice day! We spent the day down by the lake and we all had a great time! Amelia was in sand heaven, as were Paul and I, we built a big sand castle-which Amelia quickly Destroyed! Austin was having fun too, and liked filling our buckets with sand. More recently, Austin, Amelia, and I spent a week up in Grande Prairie at my parent's house, and Paul came up for the weekend. It was a long and tough week, but still fun. It was a good way to transition to having Austin home all of the time. We spent Canada Day there, and went to the parade, which was really fun. There was a TON of candy thrown out, which is really what Austin needed....
Anyway, is was good to get home and back to our routine. Then comes the really good stuff. on the 11th of July, Paul and I were finally able to get to the Temple. We went to the 9am session on saturday morning and I recieved my own endowment and then we came back as a family at 3:30 and we were sealed together. It was such a wonderful day. It was small and intimate, with only my parents, grandparents and Paul's brother there in the morning, and then a few other family members in the afternoon. We have been waiting so long, and it has been a big trial of our faith, but we made it, and it was so worth it. We were so very ready, that all we could feel was relief and joy when it was all done. I'm so grateful to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows whats best for us, and who is guiding our lives. I feel so uplifted and so much closer to heaven. I wish I could just stay in the temple and never leave. I can't waitto go with my sister in a few weeks and share that with them.
So this last week Paul and I went to the Lion King, and had an amazing time! I was such a fantastic show!We got home and my face hurt from smiling and my arms hurt from clapping! Paul mom also got to come from New Brunswick last saturday after our sealing and is here for two weeks, so she will be going home on friday-SAD! We got to see her a few times last weekend, but we really got to spend some wonderful time with her this last weekend. We all went with dave and mel's family and us and her to Hasse Lake and haad a fire and picnic on friday night, and then she came to our house. On saturday morning we got to go to the temple with her, which was really wonderful. We took her out to the olive garden for lunch and then spent the rest of the day with everyone at fort edmonton. It was really cool to take Cathy there, since it is one of Paul's favorite places in the city and it reminds him so much of home in NB. She really loved it there!She got to spend sunday with us too, and it was great. Thats about all of the major things going on lately in our lives, although, knowing me, i've probably forgotten to put some things in! Hopefullly I'll eventually get around to updating this soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment