Friday, March 6, 2009

An update....although a little late

Well, so much for writing more often. It's funny to me sometimes that life happens and it feels like things are always happening, and then when i think about writing about something, I get nothing. It's like my mind goes blank, and all I can think is that Nothing ever happens in our life, which is not true at all. Several weeks ago Paul was assigned to be the 11 year old scout leader in our ward. He was pretty unsure about this at first. He's never really had a calling in the primary, and i think he was nervous. I think he felt a little inadequate too, since he was never a scout growing up. But, after some gentle reassurance, he went, and absolutely loves it! He is so serious about learning everything he can about scouts, so that he can be a good leader and example to his boys. He cares about them a lot and wants them to enjoy it and to succeed in the program. It was also a timely calling, as this month is the cub car rally. As they aren't scouts, they don't get to do the cars, but there is a category where scouts and leaders can do 18-wheeler trucks. As we all know, this is right up Paul's alley. Last year, he couldn't wait to help his nephew McKay with his Car, and they went all out and did a pretty good job. This year he is even more excited that he gets to do his own. He has decided to make his look like Optimus Prime from transformers, and he is really pulling out all of the stops. He has carved out several extra pieces to make it look more authentic and can't wait to paint it. He and his scouts have also taken apart some lights in order to put in little LED headlights. He just needs to find a place for his batteries now. There have been a few nights spent in the garage so far, and I'm sure there will be plenty more this coming week. I promise I'll put up pics as soon as he's done.
Amelia and I are still at home, like usual. We do try and get to the city when we can, but that doesn't always happen. This past Monday she had her 6 month shots and, as usual, I was a little nervous. But this time we were blessed with a really wonderful Public health nurse. She was quick, as some that we have had in the past seem to take forever! She also took a break in between the shots so that Amelia could calm down, and this cut down the crying substantially. Other times they give all three right in a row, and by the end of the third one she is just screaming. Why poke a crying baby? That only makes them cry harder. I was so grateful, since I don't enjoy having them poke my baby, I really hate needles, and doing it to her is almost as bad!
We have been lucky with Amelia too, because she has absolutely no reaction to the needles at all. I can touch and poke the spots within an hour and it doesn't even bother her. She doesn't get a fever or anything and isn't even cranky, or should i say crankier than usual. She weighs 19 and a half pounds now and is almost 28 inches long. She is either at or above the 97th percentile in every area! We truly feel so blessed to have a happy healthy baby, and are so grateful to our heavenly father for sending her to us. She is really developing her fun personality these days, and is learning so many new things. She can sit by herself, but she is still a little wobbly, she needs to practice a bit more! She is even starting to sit up in the bath, but she is so slippery in there that she has a tough time staying up. We need to find her something grippy or sticky to sit on! Here is a picture of her first bath sitting up!
Other than that we went to the museum in Edmonton on family day for a little while, and had fun there. Amelia was really great and had a lot of fun. Here she is looking at the butterflies in the bug room, she really liked them for some reason!
And here are just some other random pics from our crazy life!


No comments: