Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Perfect Outfit

So we finally have internet in our little place, and it is so wonderful! maybe now I will be better at this. So we still have no shower in our house, but hopefully soon! But anyway, I've been feeling a bit funky about my "after-baby-body" lately, as it is NOWHERE close to what it was before. My hips are bigger, my boobs are huger (well, at least one of them!), and the whole spare tire thing is just not cool. I'm just having to get used to a whole new body. It's not the worst, but seriously, NOTHING I have fits anymore. And on top of that when we were packing to move, paul and I, in an attempt to downsize, got rid of everything that was too small or that we really never wear. I really do have a lot of clothing that I never touch, so i figured it was a good thing. Well, without thinking I just did it, and once I got here I started to realize that nearly all of the things I got rid of were the nicer things I wear (or WORE, before I got pregnant) to church or to look a little nicer. really, I've been wearing the same 5 pieces of clothing everyday and doing laundry all of the time! So I decided it was time that I got a new outfit, or something that makes me feel kind of nice (I'm pretty sure that is very important after having a baby!!). But seriously I was having no luck at all! nothing I tried fit or looked nice or made me feel pretty even a little bit! It just made me feel even more awful every time. So weeks later I finally found it! Paul and I went to sears, (I guess i was putting it off, because I was like, my mom and grandma shop there, i don't want to look like them!) and I found a few things right away! Looks like I was totally wrong about it all along! Paul helped me decide and I got a new skirt and top that make me feel so much better. We also saw twilight and I bought Amelia the Christmas dress that I have been eying at Children's Place for a while, and it was on sale! They had 2 left and both were her size! It made for a really great weekend!
Other than that I got called today as the secretary in our primary presidency, funny cause my mom is the president. Didn't see that coming, right? haha. Paul should have a calling soon, too, and we think we may have an idea what that might be (wink wink)! so check back for updates!
I also took some really cute Christmas pictures of Amelia today and I think they turned out pretty great, she laughed for the first time today at her dad, and he felt pretty special. it was a good moment for them. She is the kind of girl who just will not do anything until she knows she can do it perfectly and right. So for the past few weeks she has been smiling really really big, and just when you think she is going to laugh, she coughs! One or two little fake coughs. She is such a silly little girl, but we do love her so! Here are some of those pictures of her!!

ok, so its not working, but they are on my facebook, and i will try later!!

No comments: