Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Paul is Going to School!

Well, I know I already posted today, but as I want to keep this pretty up to date as a good record for us, I thought I would write our latest news. Paul is still an apprentice right now, working as an autobody repairman, and was scheduled to go to school next in November. The other apprentice he works with, Mark, has been going in the spring and was supposed to go in May. But yesterday when they were checking his registration, they realized that their receptionist Sherri forgot to register him at all. Unfortunately, as he is taking the refinisher (painting) course first, his is already full. But there were some spots open for the repairer course that Paul needs. The thing is, Paul has been learning the repairer work at work and Mark has been doing and learning painting. So if he chose to start in repairing, he wouldn't have the skills going in that he thought he would. So Keith gave him the choice last night. Go in May as a repairer and just figure things out, or wait until November and do the refinisher course. All of this might seem confusing, but I promise I have a point. Mark chose to wait until November, so that means that Paul will be going in May so that both of them aren't in school at once. So, it is a little unexpected for us, as we were preparing for November, but it will be nice to get it out of the way before the baby comes. We don't quite have a ton of money saved up yet, but we hope to have some other money come in soon. He will not have an income for two months, so things will be interesting. He starts April 28th, and the course lasts about two months. Right now it looks like we will be staying with Paul's brother Dave in Stony Plain in the week and coming home on the weekends for some quiet time and to go to our branch. Things will be different for a while, but sometimes you just have to go with it and trust that the Lord knows what he's doing. We'll be letting him take care of us for the next little while.

No comments: